The modern living trends enhanced by Slidix
In interior design, precision-engineered components help homeowners, homebuilders and furniture manufacturers alike create spaces that not only look stunning but are also practical and long-lasting. At Titus, we’re proud to be at the forefront of this, helping refine home aesthetics with high-performance cabinet hardware.
We’ve talked about Slidix, our range of damping solutions for sliding door systems, previously on the blog in our thorough introduction to the range and how it can be used beyond traditional furniture applications. Today, we’re having a closer look at how this cutting-edge sliding door technology can seamlessly integrate into modern living spaces.
Here’s more about the current home design trends perfectly suited to Slidix.
Sliding door trends for modern homes
Biophilic design and indoor-outdoor spaces
Biophilic design is the art of incorporating natural elements into living spaces. Sliding glass doors are the perfect way to bring the outside in; they allow homeowners to bring an abundance of natural light into their homes while taking in unobstructed views of the outdoors. Using quality, soft-close technology further adds to the serene ambience, offering a quiet and controlled motion that really captures the essence of biophilic design.
Open concept living
The trend towards open-concept living spaces continues to gain momentum. Sliding doors offer a dynamic solution that helps homeowners seamlessly divide or connect spaces, offering unique flexibility to adapt the environment to different needs. It means a living room can be changed from an open entertainment area to a cosy workspace in seconds, all with the effortless glide of a smooth sliding door.
Incorporating sliding door technology into a shower screen adds an elegant and modern finish that’s in huge demand by homeowners. Manufacturers and homebuilders can produce high-end, calm bathrooms with the help of the right components, like Slidix. The resulting bathroom space can rival that of a high-end hotel or spa, ideal for those looking for a serene, luxurious retreat at home.
Minimal concealed storage
In an increasing pursuit of minimalist aesthetics, many homeowners are drawn to hidden storage solutions. Sliding doors that conceal storage compartments are a stylish way to incorporate the minimalist trend into a home. It results in a clean, uncluttered look that perfectly complements the modern shift towards simplicity and functionality.
Concealed home office nooks
Those who work from home will know that work desks can often be unsightly, particularly in homes lacking dedicated home office space. Using sliding doors to discreetly hide workstations or work storage areas when not in use helps to maintain a clean and uncluttered look. This solution is great for homeowners who value both form and function in their living spaces.
Wine cooler elegance
As the trend of home entertaining continues to flourish, discerning homeowners are increasingly interested in integrated wine coolers. The addition of soft-close sliding doors creates a functional yet stylish focal point for a wine refrigerator. It’s a great way to showcase a wine collection with a touch of modern sophistication.
Floor-to-ceiling bedroom storage
Custom sliding wardrobe spaces can redefine bedroom storage with a sleek twist. With the ability to stretch from floor to ceiling and wall to wall, these tailored solutions optimise clothing and shoe storage while adding a contemporary aesthetic. A great choice for a clean, uncluttered design, they can be enhanced using soft-close damping technology like Slidix, which ensures a smooth and controlled motion.
Why Slidix is the ideal solution for modern homes
At Titus, our components are meticulously crafted to meet the highest of standards. Slidix offers sliding door technology that lasts, seamlessly integrating into modern living spaces while maintaining long-lasting durability and quality. From open-concept living rooms to spa-like bathrooms and elegant hidden storage solutions, Slidix effortlessly adapts to a diverse range of aesthetic preferences.
Here’s why Slidix is a great choice:
- Precision engineered: Every Titus product meets and exceeds the highest quality standards.
- Lasting durability: Slidix is designed for longevity, offering sliding door technology that stands the test of time.
- Versatile applications: Slidix can be used in various applications beyond just furniture.
- Programmable damping curve: Slidix features a hydraulic damper with a fully programmable damping curve for precise control and the flexibility to fine-tune performance.
- Consistent performance: Slidix ensures reliable damping at any closing speed, eliminating rebounce on doors of various weights and materials.
- Effortless opening: Slidix provides consistently smooth opening with minimal pull-open force for ease of use.
- Customisation options: Slidix has several options for damper forces, spring forces and damper characteristics, for tailored solutions in various scenarios.
- Wide temperature range: Slidix maintains consistent performance in both hot and cold environments, in temperatures ranging from -30°C to +70°C.
- Comprehensive range: The Slidix range includes Slidix Centro for middle sliding door damping and centring, Slidix II for drawers and sliding doors, Slidix TA for heavy sliding doors, and more. This comprehensive range means customers can choose the system best suited to their particular application.
We hope you enjoyed learning more about sliding door trends and how Slidix can enhance modern homes. If you’d like to elevate your sliding doors with the help of Slidix soft-close damping solutions, contact our expert team for more information or to request a sample.