How precision engineered components increase safety
At Titus, we design all our components for easy assembly and lifetime performance. Our focus is always on simplifying the furniture assembly process and ensuring long-lasting functionality. A great added benefit of precision-engineered furniture components is increased safety; by designing components well and always keeping the end user in mind, we help increase safety during installation and operation.
There are many reasons that using components designed with safety in mind is important, including:
- Preventing accidents. Components should actively prevent accidents or injuries. This includes soft-close mechanisms, dampers to control movement, and designs that enhance stability.
- Longevity and durability. Safety isn’t just about preventing accidents, it’s also about ensuring the longevity of a product. Products designed with safety in mind are made from high-quality materials and undergo rigorous testing to ensure they stand the test of time.
- Mitigating risk. Components designed with safety in mind will prevent misalignments and reduce human error, reducing the risk of accidents or failures down the line.
- Brand reputation. Safety concerns can damage a brand’s reputation. By using components designed for safety, manufacturers demonstrate their commitment to customer safety and product quality.
- Cost savings. Using components engineered for safety saves money in the long run by reducing the likelihood of repairs or replacements needed.
Precision engineering and safety
We know that safety is uncompromisable when it comes to cabinet and furniture hardware. We serve some of the biggest kitchen, bathroom and furniture manufacturers in the world, so we know we need to provide quality. That’s why we’re constantly working towards producing the very best components in the industry, designed for quality and safety.
Here’s how precision-engineered components from Titus help increase safety.
Streamlined assembly process
Our components are designed for quick and easy assembly. By featuring intuitive designs that are easy to put together, we help reduce the chance of assembly errors and minimise the need for complex tools – creating a smoother and safer assembly process.
Reduced human error
Our components are straightforward to install, making them less prone to misalignment or incorrect installation. This reduces the risk of incorrectly assembled furniture, which could have compromised stability and lead to accidents during use.
Our components fit precisely and securely together during assembly, resulting in furniture with much better stability. The result is less chance of wobbling or tipping during use, which could then result in falls or injuries.
As our components are all designed for lifetime performance, they are rigorously tested to ensure that they can handle certain weights, loads and stresses. This testing ensures the furniture remains structurally sound and safe even when bearing weight or under stress.
Our components are made from high-quality, durable materials that can withstand heavy use. That means that they will maintain structural integrity over time, reducing the risk of any unexpected failures or breakages.
Our furniture dampers help improve safety through smooth motion control. Components with soft-close mechanisms improve safety by preventing doors or drawers from slamming shut. This hugely reduces the risk of trapped fingers and other injuries – particularly in homes with young children.
Because our components are made with precision and durability in mind, they’re designed to offer consistent performance and meet strict standards and regulations. This provides peace of mind to end users and manufacturers alike that the resulting furniture adheres to safety requirements.
Increasing safety with our integrated offering
Our totally integrated offering combines customer-led research and development with lean processes and state-of-the-art manufacturing operations. By managing each stage of the process strategically and keeping the customer front of mind all the way through, we can ensure that furniture built with our components is not only functional but also reliable, safe and secure.
From product design, where each component is meticulously engineered to adhere to strict safety standards, to our cutting-edge manufacturing technologies, we never compromise on quality or safety.
Find out more: How our integrated offering puts the customer first